UnitedTransport call


Occasionally, items can get lost or damaged in the moving process. So, in choosing the proper coverage to protect your possessions during the move, make sure to assess your needs before finalizing your protection.

Few points to remember:
  • If the moving company moved your goods into storage or temporary resident and after a while someone else moved it to your new home, the responsibility on loss or damaged items will not be on the moving company. By law, you can file a claim up to 9 months from delivery date, but if you or a third party had moved the goods again, there is a chance it was lost or damaged while being transferred again. The moving company will not have to carry any responsibility.
  • Movers will not be liable for damages to items packed or wrapped by you. No matter how good you will claim you packed it. Only items that were packed professionally by movers will be under their responsibility.
  • In the event you have loss or damage as a result of your move you have nine months to make a claim however you are still responsible paying for the move in a timely fashion.
  • The basic liability that every moving company must provide the client free of charge is called "Released Value". This is the often called limited liability and is the minimum coverage required by law. This insurance is covered in the base price and does not cost you any extra money. It is the most economical option available however your goods are covered to no more than 60cents per pound per article. Loss or damage claims are settled based on the pound weight of the article multiplied by 60 cents. If you have a 100 pound dresser and it is destroyed in transit, you would be entitled to a total of $60.00 for the replacement of the dresser. Obviously this will not replace the dresser with this amount of money so consider carefully if to rely on this coverage only. If you agree to this option for insurance coverage you will be asked to sign a specific statement in agreement on the bill of lading.
  • Additional insurance coverage - United Transportation Moving and Storage is also working with Baker Int’l insurance to provide you another option of insuring your goods while in transit. Since 1981 Baker International has provided comprehensive household goods insurance to meet the needs of corporate transferees and private individuals moving within the U.S. or overseas while concurrently "in-house" world class claim service. For more information about the coverage offered, you may check their website www.bakerintl.com or call toll free 800-356-0093.800.356
  • Homeowners Insurance. Some homeowner’s insurance policies cover household goods while in transit. Check with your homeowner’s insurance company to find out what coverage you may have and be sure to check out when this ends. If the policy is void once you close on your old home it may be of little use to you as this is most likely when you will be moving. If you are fortunate enough to have coverage make sure you contact the insurance company and ask them to explain the level of coverage and what exactly is covered. In the event you need to file a claim with the insurance you will need to prove that the loss or breakage is due to mover’s negligence. No money will be paid out due to any items damaged due to poor packing by you.
Moving From
Moving To
Moving Size


19328 Londelius St,
Northridge,CA - 91324
Email: info@unitedmovinginc.com
DOT#: 1978660 / MC: 699570
About Us | Moving Estimate | Contact Us |  References | File a Claim | SiteMap

Copyright © 2024 United Transportation Moving and Storage, All rights reserved.

Follow Us :